Whenever I see a blown up swan floating around a pool, or in a picture, I think of Summer. At this time of the year, when we are so over Winter, I must say that my mind get’s carried away. I imagine myself floating around on a warm Summer’s day, cocktail in hand, surrounded by family and friends. A background noise of music, chatting and laughter. Yes, please bring on our Inflatable Summer Fun.
Last year at one of our daughter’s birthday parties, we had a giant inflatable swan floating around the pool. It ended up being the highlight of the party, as every one want to clamber on, and have a turn. The older I have got the less reluctant I am to swim. I am not sure why, but somehow when I was young and carefree, the water seemed a lot warmer than it is now. But I do love floating staying dry and floating around in the pool.
I am not really a big cocktail drinker, although I do love the look of them. But, I have to say that my favourite is a good old Pina Colada. I have included the recipe. It is quick and easy, and quite delicious. You can make these for your kids as well, but please remember that anyone under the age of 18 must only have a Virgin one, with no alcohol in it whatsoever.
Pina Colada Recipe
1 1/2 cup ice
1/2 cup diced pineapple, frozen
2 ounces pineapple juice
2 ounces Coco Lopez coconut cream
1 1/2 ounces white rum
1 ounce dark rum
Put the ice, frozen pineapple, juice, coconut cream, and the white and dark rums into a blender. Blend until smooth and frosty. Pour the drink into 2 glasses and garnish the rim with pineapple slices.
I am not sure about you, but I have a music playlist on my ipod called “The Best Of Trish”
Please let us know what your 3 favourite Summer songs are, as I am tired of my music, and need some more ideas.
Now that I am getting into the swing of planning our Summer fun. Here are some great party ideas, that you can use for Birthdays, Public Holidays, or any other Celebration.
- Beach Party. Dress code is sarongs & slops. Food is finger food picnic style. Decor is loads of flowers, and a lay to hang around everyone’s necks.
- Girl’s party day. Dress code – bikini’s. Food – healthy. Decor – pink.
- Braai day. Dress code – casual. Food, braaied meat, pap and salad. Decor – good old SA sunshine.
Here are some good party tips
- Use only paper or plastic cups – no glass
- Use paper or plastic plates
- Put our loads of extra swimming towels
- Have sunblock available for everyone to use
- Fill buckets of ice, for cool drinks
- Put up as many umbrellas as possible
- Ensure there is loads of drinking water available
Were giving away a giant swan. If you haven’t entered yet, you still can by clicking here.
[Tweet “Inflatable Summer Fun.@liferetreat_”]