Caffeine is just as addictive as cocaine, scientists are saying these days. “Uh-oh,” you’re probably muttering. “The health police are after my morning coffee!” You don’t have to worry. If you’re healthy, you don’t have to give up caffeine.
Why I love my coffee
Caffeine’s stimulating effect can be useful. It can improve mental and physical performance. Also, it can make a dull task go faster and help with fatigue on long drives. Furthermore, it helps some pain relievers work more efficiently. And research shows it slightly revs metabolism. The trick to healthy coffee consumption is balance and constancy. I take coffee only in the mornings. And now that it’s warmer, why not try some iced?
Iced Coffee Recipe
- Brew your favorite coffee
- Mix in stevia or sugar – whatever you would normally put in your coffee
- Pour into an ice cube tray
- Freeze coffee ice cubes overnight
- Pop about 6 cubes out of the tray and transfer to a cup
- Fill the cup with Almond Breeze Unsweetened
- Let it sit for a few minutes, and enjoy!
If you like sweet coffee, the trick is to add the sweetener to your coffee before freezing it into cubes! The amount of coffee ice cubes you put into your glass depends on how strong you like your iced coffee, start with 6 and you can add from there!
[Tweet “Weekly Recipe – Iced Coffee.@liferetreat_”]