If you had to choose one organ to keep healthy, which one would it be? I need all my whole body functioning at its peak. That’s why I always buy anything with a “super” name to it. I know you’ve probably heard of superfoods. Today, I’ll not only let you in on superfruits and superveggies but I’ll tell you how you can get them all in one meal.
5 Superfruits you should be eating
Yes, all fruit is good for you. But if you’re not getting fruits that provide an array of disease-fighting vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, then you’re definitely missing out. Super fruits also called “Superfruits” offer this array of nutrients. Unlike apples and bananas, many superfruits are found in remote locations. They aren’t available as fresh fruit but in dried or powdered version.
1. Acai berry – This dark berry has been shown to have twice the antioxidants found in blueberries, as well as omega fatty acids, protein and fiber. It’s so powerful, some studies have shown it kills off cancer cells in a lab setting.
2. Goji berry – This fruit is capable of destroying the free radicals that cause cancer and speed up the ageing process.
3. Cranberry – Cranberries may be small in size, but they pack a big nutritional punch. They are not only an excellent source of vitamins A and C, cranberries are also rich in phytonutrients, shown to have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer properties. Also, cranberries have anti-bacterial properties known to fight recurring urinary tract infections as well as stomach ulcers.
4. Bilberry – This is a close relative of the Blueberry and has a long history of medicinal use. The dried fruit has been popular for the symptomatic treatment of diarrhea, for topical relief of minor mucus membrane inflammation, and for a variety of eye disorders, including poor night vision, eyestrain, and myopia.
5. Pomegranate– These are packed with antioxidants. Studies show the fruit, which has around 600 seeds, contains almost three times the total antioxidants in green tea and red wine.
5 Superveggies you should be eating
If you truly want to be healthy, trim and disease-free for life you should aim to consume between 12-20 servings of veggies a day. How possible is this? You see, when it comes to vegetables, not all of them are created equal. That’s why it’s important to know which veggies have the best nutrients.
1. Carrot – Rich in vitamin A and beta-carotenes, carrots help protect against the development of mouth and lung cancers, research has shown. These compounds also help protect skin. Carrots are also super-rich in vitamin B complex vitamins like B6, folic acid, thiamine and more, which aid in metabolism.
2. Celery – It contains a flavonoid Luteolin that has the ability to deter the growth of cancer cells particularly in the pancreas. Taking celery regularly can also delay the development of cancer cell in the breast. Celery can also decrease bad cholesterol levels in the body and boost sexual urge the natural way.
3. Red beets – Beets get their vibrant color from antioxidant betalains. They help boost the immune system, manufacture red blood cells and produce collagen. Beets are also packed with potassium, which helps vital organs run properly, and fiber, which keeps things in the digestive track flowing.
Spinach is rich in antioxidants and has always been a great choice for keeping a healthy diet. It is a rich source of vitamin A, C, E, and K. It also gives you a boost of iron, folic acid, zinc, potassium and calcium. That’s why Popeye loved it.
5. Onions – The best!!! – They fight off just about every single disease you care to think of and are anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-cancer, anti-cholesterol and antioxidant to boot. They also contain vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, B12, C, E and K along with those important minerals calcium, iron, phosphorous, magnesium, potassium, sodium and zinc. And, as if this lot isn’t enough, they destroy osteoclasts which break down bones.
How to get your fruits and veggies in one go
You can go round grocery stores looking for these superfruits and superveggies for that perfect balance or you can take SOLAL 24-IN-1 SUPERFRUIT & VEGETABLE DRINK. It not only contains the above listed fruit and veggie extracts, but has 19 other superfoods.
[Tweet “Getting All Your Superfruits & Veggies In One Go. liferetreat @liferetreat_”]